Your broker should always be willing and able to provide reference information. Some red flags to look for are as follows:
- Anyone who requires TT in advanced payment without reference.
- Independent distributors that aren’t willing to provide reference information.
- Anyone who isn’t willing to accept Escrow.
- Purchasing from a high counterfeit region/area such as China.
- Vendors who confirm all information and fail to follow through when placing orders.
- The price is too good to be true.
- When an item is EOL and a broker is offering new date codes.
- The supplier is unable to provide pictures and documentation.